Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Awareness


I have been back from my retreat for a few days. It was good. It was very good.

This time, while I was at the retreat facility, I felt an increased awareness of the Real Presence of Jesus in the tabernacle of the chapel. I know this is a consolation; it’s a real treat that His Majesty gives me occasionally.

Interestingly, when I returned home, I was quite aware that Our Lord was not in the tabernacle in my chapel. This too has happened at other times, and usually it makes me sad.

But this time, even though I was so aware that the Real Presence was not there, I found that to be a consolation as well. After all, being truly aware of something also means being aware of its absence. And in that awareness – the awareness that He was not physically there in the tabernacle – just helped me to be more aware of Him in my whole life.
 
Well, that’s how it seems to me, anyway. 

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment