I found these quotes about the Mass on a post by Dr. Taylor Marshall at his blog, “Canterbury Tales”. They are good reminders to keep us focused on the Mass and to assist with attention, reverence, and devotion:
- When the Eucharist is being celebrated, the sanctuary is filled with countless angels who adore the divine victim immolated on the altar. ~ St. John Chrysostom The angels surround and help the priest when he is celebrating Mass. ~ St. Augustine
- If we really understood the Mass, we would die of joy. ~ Saint Jean Vianney
- The celebration of Holy Mass is as valuable as the death of Jesus on the cross. ~ Saint Thomas Aquinas
- Once, St. Teresa was overwhelmed with God’s Goodness and asked Our Lord “How can I thank you?” Our Lord replied, “ATTEND ONE MASS.”
- “My Son so loves those who assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that, if it were necessary He would die for them as many times as they’ve heard Masses.” Our Lady to Blessed Alan.
- When we receive Holy Communion, we experience something extraordinary – a joy, a fragrance, a well-being that thrills the whole body and causes it to exalt. ~ Saint Jean Vianney
- There is nothing so great as the Eucharist. If God had something more precious, He would have given it to us. ~ Saint Jean Vianney
- When we have been to Holy Communion, the balm of love envelops the soul as the flower envelops the bee. ~ Saint Jean Vianney
- It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do without Holy Mass. ~ St. Pio of Pietrelcina
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me...