Sunday, September 1, 2013

Thy Will Be Done

Teach me the way I should go...
I was fixated on this verse the other morning.

Psalm 143 (142):8
Auditam fac mihi mane misericordiam tuam,
quia in te speravi.
Notam fac mihi viam, in qua ambulem,
quia ad te levavi animam meam.

Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning,
for in you I put my trust.
Teach me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

Sometimes I think: Lord, if you would just let me know what you want me to do… When I start thinking like that, though, the demons get to work, stirring up dissatisfaction with my own current “status quo”.

I am learning, slowly but surely, to just turn to the Lord, tell him my deepest secret desires (as if he didn’t know them already!), and then say, “But your will, not mine, be done.”

 Still, I am human, and this is a difficult task!

 Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment