Saturday, February 21, 2015

Road Trip to Lent

It was a good retreat. I don't think I've ever started Lent on retreat before. 

The drive was beautiful both ways. 

Going there:




And coming back:



I spent more time than usual sitting before the Blessed Sacrament. 

Just being there...

I spent more time than usual thinking about Divine Providence, and prayers for others, and how to pray that God's will be done without trying at the same time to convince Him that my will might be a good way to go, too.

My spiritual director asked me if I had any particular Lenten reading in mind, and I didn't. But after my few days there, I have decided to focus on reading more of Providence by Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange. I have it on Kindle, and I have highlighted some passages already. I went back and re-read some of those...how quickly we forget the things we "learn"!! (Well, at least I forget quickly. Could be an age thing!)

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me!


No comments:

Post a Comment