Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

It was a good Advent for me...more "productive" than usual, I think. In part that was because for the first time EVER, we didn't have Christmas decorations up starting the day after Thanksgiving. I would have had it this way for the last 10 years, but was outvoted by past, pre-traditional-Catholic traditions... But this year, my daughter was too busy with work and other things to push the decorating, and it ended up that we decorated the tree just yesterday afternoon. 

In the meantime, we were besieged by rain. It's a necessary evil, I know, but I don't like rain, and we don't get much of it here, comparatively speaking. We had a number of days like this:

Gray. Somewhat oppressive, especially after several days. Then, we had this:

Sunshine!

Then there were more clouds, but they brought snow this time, and that is better than rain, most of the time! Plus, it gave us a white Christmas. There's not much snow, but there's enough to qualify!


And now, Christmas is here, and the chapel has a new gold antependium and tabernacle veil:


The photo really doesn't do it justice, so just use your imagination to enhance it!

Merry Christmas to all!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment