Saturday, April 6, 2013

Remember, Christian Soul...


I found this in the section of “Most Necessary Prayers” in my daily missal (Angelus Press). I know I’ve seen it before, heard it before, but…you know how it is. Sometimes something you already know strikes a new chord in you when you haven’t seen it or thought about it for a while.

Remember, Christian soul, that thou hast this day, 
and every day of thy life:

God to glorify,
Jesus to imitate,
The Angels and Saints to invoke,
A soul to save,
A body to mortify,
Sins to expiate,
Virtues to acquire,
Hell to avoid,
Heaven to gain,
Eternity to prepare for,
Time to profit by,
Neighbors to edify,
The world to despise,
Devils to combat,
Passions to subdue,
Death perhaps to suffer,
And Judgment to undergo.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.





No comments:

Post a Comment