Friday, January 13, 2017

Winter Wonderland

Well, it's been snowing. And snowing. And snowing some more. This is the most snow we've seen since we moved here almost 13 years ago. The "old-timers" here say that it used to be this way every winter. 

My husband and I have been shoveling now off roofs - the barn, the house, the chapel.  In some ways all that shoveling makes me think I'm getting too old for this type of physical labor, but on the other hand, it feels good to get that tired...sort of! As long as there's Motrin, I guess.

Anyway, about all I have energy for at this point, as far as putting a post on this blog goes, is to post some photos! I am doing this from my phone, as my computer is being temperamental, so captions will be added some other time.


Sunrise

The entrance to our house

The chapel - front

The back door/emergency exit of
the chapel. My husband kept the
door clear as he scraped snow off the roof,
but I started to worry about flooding into the
chapel once all that snow starts to melt.

...so I started moving the snow. It will take some
time, but we don't expect the spring thaw to happen
for a few months yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment