Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Demon Shift Work

Most days, around 3pm, I experience something of a slump. I don’t know why, really, but it just seems to be a time I start to feel depressed. That is of course the time for the Divine Mercy chaplet. Sometimes it seems such an effort just to pray that little chaplet! I imagine the demons don’t like me praying for the people I remember at that time.

Another thought occurred to me today as I was noting my depressed mood: maybe 3pm is shift-change time for the demons! Perhaps a couple of fresh demons take over for the ones who have been poking at me all day long. Maybe demons don’t really need to rest, but surely a new team might bring in new ideas for tormenting me! I’ll bet it’s the depression specialty team that comes on at 3pm, and they get right to work planting depressive thoughts in my mind.

The answer, then, I imagine, is to have my own shift change of guardian angels! Let the depression-fighting angels make it a point to come to work at 3pm…or maybe a little bit earlier, to get a jump on those depression demons.

Of course, we have to watch out for changes in their tactics, too. Now that I’m on to their shift change time, they will probably reschedule things. I’ll let my primary guardian angel be on guard for that!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment