Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Morning Walk and Rosary

I’ve been going for an early morning walk recently – usually around 6am. I walk up the road from our house, praying the Rosary as I go. I walk farther than half the Rosary, and supplement with some additional prayers to get me all the way back home.

This has become my favorite time of the day. It’s a quiet walk; the dogs along the way seem mostly to still be inside their houses, and I’ve only been barked at a couple of times.

I haven’t seen much wild life, but there were a couple of deer out the other day. They were not inclined to visit, but watched attentively as I passed them.

The walk and the prayer combine to give me a sense of peace with which to start my day. 


Here are a few photos of the view as I walk up the road.

On a clear day:


On a cloudy day:





No comments:

Post a Comment